Monday, February 20, 2006

Election Year

With the deadline to declare one's candidacy for various county offices and the election of the Democratic Chairmen for East Chicago now past, the rumor mill has begun. All I can say is that this will be a very contentious year cuminating in the primary (May 2007) for the East Chicago Mayoral race.

For this reason I have decided to limit my dialogue on the city to issues and not activities, such as "downtown redevelopment strategies" and not make comment on what this Administration is doing or not doing to address the issue. I would rather my language be seen as an advocate for positive change in the general interest of the community than taking a position against its interest. With that said, I can't help but give location to regional issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home